While we are there, we are going to be working with a ministry called Cristo Vive. Cristo Vive has a goal of reaching people world wide with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A focus is placed on offering children and youth with disabilities a camp experience which will share the salvation message of the love that Jesus has for us. We are going to be leaving on July 1st, and coming back on July 19. I hope to be posting pictures while we are there of what we're doing.
Several people have asked how we ended up going on this trip. This Spring, I had organized a "Block Party" where I asked others to help me in making knitted or crocheted 6" squares which were then sewn together to make baby blankets and lap blankets for charity. As we prayed about where to send the blankets, my mom came up with the idea of sending them to an orphanage in Ukraine. Our friend, Alice (who is also going on the trip), who has been on several mission trips to the Ukraine before, has often talked about a young man in the Ukraine named Max. He started a ministry that ministers (both physically and spiritually) to the forgotten children and adults in that live in abandoned baby hospitals, orphanages, and homes for the disabled. When we contacted Max to find out how we could send the blankets to Ukraine, we found out about this mission trip. After much prayer we felt the Lord telling us to become part of the team. We will also have the awesome opportunity to work along Max and support his ministry.
I'm so excited to be serving the Lord in this way!

Kryvyi Rih Time
Sarah! I'm so excited about your trip! We should be home by July, though, so we won't see you over there ... I might borrow your cute little map for Lily's blog!
ReplyDeleteSarah - Your clock is now working..You should be good to go now... maybe the site went down for a while! I am SO EXCITED for your trip!
ReplyDeleteMichelle Z - Please go ahead and use the map for her blog! I'll email it to you. Too bad we won't be over there at the same time. I am working on my Russian. I am not very good yet - I can only say Excuse me, no, and American. :-)
ReplyDelete