A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Made in China

A little funny story I want to share. :) When we were on our outings to the river, the flies were always terrible. They were swarming on you, and after awhile, you stopped swatting at them and just dealt with it. Zhenya (one of the guys on the Ukrainian team) and Josiah decided to try and kill some of them at our picnic table where our team, the Ukrainican team, ate and kept all their bags (the residents ate separately than us). Since we didn't have any fly swatters with us, they were using ping pong paddles. The paddles were cheap wooden play ones with plastic handles. A few days before we had a conversation about things made in China. I don't remember why we were talking about it, but we were. Someone must have translated to the Russian speakers, or maybe the Russian speakers were talking about it, and some translated into English, I really don't remember. Zhenya was hitting the flies so hard trying to kill them with his paddle, that the wood cracked and broke at the handle! He then said in his broken English and strong accent, "Made in China"! It was soo funny especially since the only other word he knew in English was "Shank-you"! ("Th" is not a sound in the Russian language, so they have a hard time pronouncing it, they say "sh" instead.) :)
Zhenya - Our Ukrainian music man (videos of him coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment