A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our 50th Post!!!!

Yes, that's right! This is the 50th post on this blog! Wow, the last 49 posts have covered a very exciting journey and I'm not done posting about it yet!! The videos I have won't upload to blogger because our internet is too slow (we don't have dial-up, but it's not high-speed either!), so my dad is going to try and upload them at work where he has high-speed internet.

I posted on my other blog about Project Happy Feet, if you're not following For His Glory Handiwork, you can read that post here. The place where those slippers are going is very similar to the handicapped facility where we were at. They have the same problem in the facility we were at, with cold feet, and illnesses because of cold feet. The people at the facility we were at have so much time on there hands, as do all the people at any facility. So I figured that if someone (me) could go that facility (the one we were at) and teach one or two people how to crochet and make slippers, then, since they have so much time, they would be able to make slippers for everyone in the facility and no one would have cold feet in the winter! Of course I would need to bring some yarn a lot of yarn and hooks, and of course I would need to get over there. Learning the Russian language might also be helpful, as it might be kind of hard to teach crocheting through a translator. :) I would also need a plane ticket to get over there, that will also be helpful. :) My parents said the only way I'm going back soon is if I or somebody else pays for my trip (my mom says that's because they have this adoption thing going on :) ). And they won't let me travel by myself, so I have to find someone to go with me.... I have a long ways to go before I can go back, but I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment