On Thursday morning, about 1/2 of our team went to the baby orphanage. The baby orphanage was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Kids, babies to 5 year olds are here. When they turn five they are either transferred to the orphanage (if they're "typical"), or a mental institute or the handicapped childen's facility (if they have Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, club foot, etc.). The facility here is one of the nicest ones in Ukraine. It wasn't this nice five years ago, but businessmen in the city donated money to the orphange here. I am sorry this post is soo long, it really is 40 pictures long! The reason I am putting so many pictures on here is - after we got home, we realized we had pictures of 2 little girls that are in the process of being adopted! So I tried to post pictures of every child we saw in case there are pictures of more children that are being adopted that we didn't realize we had. I will not be offended at all if you don't read/look through this whole thing.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| My dad holding one of the little boys |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Thanks for looking!!





































Kryvyi Rih Time
So many little ones who need Mommy's.... it breaks my heart!!!
ReplyDeleteSarah, what an amazing trip this must have been for you! I was so looking forward to seeing you at the airport on your way home, but just couldn't pass up the chance to go home earlier. I hope you can come meet Lilya sometime!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome idea to gather photos. Our little guy is not at this orphanage, but such a treasure for those that might get a glimpse of their little one.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Julia - It was very heart breaking, espially when we were leaving and they didn't want us to put them down, and they started crying when they're caregivers took them from us. :(
ReplyDeleteMichelle - It was amazing and very eye-opening! I don't blame you for going home early! I can't wait to meet Lilya though!
Anonymous - Yes, the moms who already got new pictures of their little ones from us were very excited and happy. Your welcome, but I'm sorry it's soo long. :)
Are any of these kids from RR?
ReplyDeleteMadison