A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post from Brian (team leader)

Hello,
I hoped to send a word or two to the Ukraine mission trip 2010 blog before we left. God is putting something on my heart that I presume I will have opportunity to share while I’m there. The word comes from Mathew 13:46…. who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it. My family and I are in a season now in which we would give all we have for that pearl of great price. We recently adopted our Olivia and the Lord shows me daily that any sacrifice we’ve made for her is what the Lord does for us …multiplied by His Son.
As we travel to Ukraine undoubtedly there will be those who will ask, as they always do, “why have you come here? What’s so important about us?”, and we will answer, ”You are the pearl of great price to the Lord. You are precious beyond words or money or even any effort necessary to come share that with you.” The theme of this trip is Gospel in Motion and our goal is to show Jesus’ face to others by putting His words in action in the forgotten corners of Kryvyi Rih. The motivating factor for me is to go after that pearl of great price which we see as not only those we see in this country but in Ukraine, for example, as well.
If you’re reading this and you feel led to, please pray for our wonderful team July 1st thru July 19th and thank you. God has sewn together a great group of people from four separate churches into one family.
God Bless you and yours,
J. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment