A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Friday, July 2, 2010

We are in Germany!

We are sitting here in Germany, as we have a few hours before our next flight. But, I am not going to post this until we get to Kiev, or Krivoy Rog, or wherever they have internet. It is about 8:20 am here on Friday, and it's about 12:20 am there on Friday. On Wednesday night, our family drove up to my grandparent's house, and stayed the night, and on Thursday morning (yesterday) my grandpa drove me and my dad to the Minneapolis airport. Our team is split up into two teams, since it was too hard to get us all on the same flight. Brian, Renae, Josiah, Olivia, Marci, Marni, and Marge are in group 1. Alice, Brooke, Tim, my dad, and I, are on the other team. Gene, Jordana, Osito, (founders of Cristo Vive) and Megan are on a separate flight. They are going to be working with us the first 10 days, and then they are going to Mongolia for a different Cristo Vive camp. Our group (group 2) checked our bags in, and then made it through security ok. Then we hung out and had some breakfast. Then we waited for our flight. We had a 50 minute flight from Minneapolis to Chicago. It was my first ever flight, so I am glad it wasn't the long one we just had. But I enjoyed it, despite my upset stomach. Then we ate at Chili's for lunch. I decided after I ate that it wasn't a good idea to have Chili for lunch after having an upset stomach that morning. L But Brooke gave me some Tums, and some mints, so I felt much better by the time we left for our next flight. Thanks Brooke!! J After lunch we walked around, and just hung around until our next flight. Then at about 4, our flight left. It was a really smooth flight, hardly any turbulence. We got in about 7:30 this morning. I didn't sleep at all on the flight; I really tired too, but I couldn't sleep at all. My dad (who was right next to me) slept a lot of the time. I got some crocheting done. I was really stuffy most of this past flight, but at least I didn't have an upset stomach. Thank you so much everyone for your prayers for my heath!! I am feeling fine right now, but I really need some sleep. J When we got off the plane this morning in Germany they check our carry-ons. The guy made me open up my bags (it was hard to tell what he was saying, he had a German accent. J); thankfully he didn't take my metal crochet hooks, or my nail clippers (for cutting yarn), the only thing he took was my water bottle (not a reusable one, just a plastic one) because it still had water in it. It wasn't even opened, and he threw it away. So then we came down by the food court, and we are sitting here, talking. There is no WI-FI here, so I will post this when I get internet. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and thank you for your prayers so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment