A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Camp Day 4 - at the Beach - Thursday July 8

On our forth day we went to the beach again. We were supposed to have a different group of people but a lot of the same people ended up coming again.
Gene, ???, and Baby (or New Hair) Julia


Drawing people! Art for the Nations is a ministry that donates crafts to missions, and these crafts come with all of the supplies necessary to complete the project, including glue, scissors, markers, tape, glitter, and everything else needed to make the projects.


I love this guy! One of the workers from the facility drew this.



Everyone holding up their people


I think the same guy drew this as the guy who drew the two pictures in my last post.



Playing in the water!



Playing ball



Hanging out on the beach


This lady's name was Vala (?) She was so sweet! On the first day at the beach she told me through a translator that she needed new slippers. It just happened to be me, the girl that crochets slippers, that she told, and I promised her I would bring her slippers the next time I saw her. I ended up seeing her the next day at the beach again and I brought her slippers that I crocheted. She loved them, and she was crying and kept saying how beautiful they were. It was soo sweet. Unfortunately I don't know if they fit (I hope they do!) because she said she was saving them for winter.

Me and Vala


Playing volleyball (I think most of the action came from the Ukrainian team and Brian)



Drawing again! I am pretty sure this is the same guy that drew the picture above




They loved the toothbrushes and toothpaste that we gave them all. Thanks Dr. Dowling for donating them!!!


The whole group! It seems like the point of this picture was not to have everyone looking at the camera, but to have everyone looking away from the camera. Oh yeah, I think my battery died right after I took this so that is why I didn't get a good one. :)

I'm sure how I got this picture if my battery was dead, but here is me, Andre, and Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment