A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Store and other pictures

Don't have any wood to make a raised bed with? No problem – Recycle! This pop bottle garden is right outside the other apartment.

We went to the store on our first day here to get bread. There was tons of stuff!

Brooke decided to get some ice cream at the store. Was your Ice cream good Brooke?? It looks like it.


There are stray cats and dogs everywhere!! I found a couple cats that looked like my Tiger. But these cats and dogs can be very dangerous, so do not touch them while you are here. We have to keep reminding Osito (Gene and Jordana's little boy) not to touch them, but he is doing pretty good.


Ok, see these steps? We have to climb up 13 of these to get to our room each time we go up. My dad counted (not surprising) and there are 117 steps to our apartment and 135 to theirs. Luckily there is an elevator, but we normally take the stairs because the elevator is not always reliable, and has broken down in the past.


This picture was taken out of my window, the yard with the blue fence around it is a baby orphanage.

They do not have any grass here, and they think we American's are weird because we grow grass. Grass does not produce anything so they do not understand why we grow it. Why do we grow it?? J They have lots of garden though. And there are lots of sunflowers in this area.

We named our Ukrainian/American team the Ukrainicans. J

Thank you Julia so much for all of your encouraging words! I am not on the internet while I am typing this up, and we have to pay by minute for internet, otherwise I would respond to everyone's comments. Thank you everyone so much for your comments.

Ok, it is about 9 am there, and it is about 5 here, and we are going to eat supper in a little bit (I'll watch what I eat!) so I have to go!

Paka everyone and thanks for reading and praying!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah - you sound like you are feeling better and I am glad. We leave in less than 48 hours so I don't know how much I will be able to respond to your posts - I am going to try to keep following your adventures and know that I am praying for you and your team. Let your light SHINE my friend - For His Glory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the photos. It helps us get a better feel for what it is like over there. Tell Daddy I'm using all his Gator Aid bottles to build a new raised bed. LOL

    Is that #14 out your window? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia - Thank you again! I'm praying for you and your family as you have to travel back with out Aaron and that everything will be resolved soon!!

    Mom - It is #14 that was out our window, and that is the same one we went to. I forgot to tell dad, but I don't think he will let you. :D

    ReplyDelete