A final note! :)

Yes, I know this blog is poorly neglected, and I never really finished posting, but it's not 2010 anymore! :)

If you are interested in hearing more about this trip email me (forhisgloryhandiwork (at) gmail (dot) com), or come visit my other blog - What it Means to Love. Thanks! :)

Monday, July 5, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

As I typed my last post, I was in Germany. I posted that at the train station in Kiev. I should have typed up another post while we were there, but I guess that didn't happen. It is about 6 am on Saturday back home as I type this and it is about 3 pm on Saturday the 3rd here. Our flight from Germany from Kiev was good. I fell asleep as soon as we were up in the air, and I didn't wake up until we were about to land. But when I woke up I was really nauseated. We got into the airport and it was really warm inside, and a lot of people were smoking inside (even though they weren't supposed to be!) so that did not help. I had to make a couple trips to the bathroom while we were waiting in line (it was then that I found out why we brought toilet paper with us J). I don't even remember if we even went through customs. We just showed the lady our passports and got our bags, then I think we went out. But it was a long wait in line to show the lady our passports. Then we got took about a ½ hr van ride to the train station. At the train station we had a room upstairs and I laid down because I still had an upset stomach and I had just gotten sick. Almost as soon as I had laid down I was asleep, and I slept for about 2 hours (or 1 ½ , I don't remember), then we had to get on our train. The train stopped quite a few times throughout the night, but I only woke up a few times. This morning when we left the train station, we had about an 45 minute van ride to our apartments. Then we settled in, showered, unpacked, and went to lunch at about noon. Below are some pictures from our plane, train and van rides. I will post this as soon as I get internet; I think we have to buy a card for it.

Waiting in Minneapolis – My dad, Alice, Tim, and Brooke

Waiting in Minneapolis – Gene and Jordana (from Cristo Vive) and Megan


Waiting in Germany – My dad, Tim, Brooke, and Alice


Up, up, up, up and away!! – Take off from Germany to Kiev



Waiting in Kiev for our train



Our train compartment – it was very small for four people and a bunch of suitcases. J



All of our luggage once we got off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment